Concrete Alberta Membership
How does Concrete Alberta membership add value to your business?
- Promoting the use of concrete as a preferred sustainable building material
- Assuring industry recognition by regulatory bodies, specifiers, elected officials and the public through direct interaction, social media and our website.
- Showing Leadership and providing opportunities to share and support expertise and industry best practices through participation on Concrete Alberta Association Committees.
- Supplying education and certification training for members and industry associates
- Keeping members up to date on industry trends and concerns
- Continuous development of Concrete Alberta management
- Providing a member voice at municipal, provincial and national standards and codes review and development committees
- Representation at Canadian Ready-Mixed Concrete Association & The Concrete Council of Canada
- Encouraging member participation and input to improve the association on a continuous basis.
Marketing & Promotion Efforts
- Positioning Concrete First as a Sustainable Building Material Choice through alignment with other industry association campaigns such as NRMCA’s Build with Strength® and CAC’s Build For Life®
- Dura-Mix® a registered trademark name for a superior durable concrete designed for exterior flatwork. Only Concrete Alberta members are entitled to use this name to brand their product.
- Sustainable Infrastructure and Paving Solutions Promotion: A joint effort of Concrete Alberta partnering with the Cement Association of Canada (CAC) to deliver lunch ’n’ learn sessions on paving solutions to meet growing life cycle expectations of Alberta municipalities of all sizes and dimensions.
Member Services & Networking Opportunities
- Concretealberta.ca Website Info Resource
- Growth Zone (MemberZone) Member Profile Management/Advertising
- Member Directory
- Members Only Website Safety Resources Page
- Technical Assistance/Technical Literature
- Technical Training & Certification
- Plant Certification
- Comparative Test Program
- Concrete Alberta Technical, Safety & Transportation Committees
- Concrete Workshops/Lunch ’n’ Learns
- Online Learning (Coming soon!)
- CHBA/UDI Builder Breakfast Guest Speakers
- Equipment/Material/Service Supplier Contacts
- Regional Meeting & Promotional Assistance
- Reduced Group Insurance Rates: Home & Auto
- Annual General Meeting & Convention
- Golf Tournaments
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with your ideas for improvements.
Concrete Alberta is committed to providing leadership in our industry. The following committees are in place to establish this:
* Residential Committee
* Safety Committee
* Transportation Committee
* Technical Committee
* Membership Committee
TECHNICAL TRAINING PROGRAMS
* Concrete Alberta Concrete Technology Level 1
* Concrete Alberta Concrete Technology Level 2
* ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade 1 Certification
* ACI Concrete Flatwork Technician/Finishers Certification
* Concrete Alberta Plant Certification
* CRMCA Concrete Delivery Professional Certification
* Concrete Pump Operator Safety Training
- Producer Member: engaged in the business of the production and sale of ready-mixed concrete
- Associate Member: supplies the ready-mixed industry with a product or service.
- Affiliate Member: connected with the ready-mixed concrete business as a sub-trade or user of concrete such as: home builders, cribbers, placers, finisher, and pumpers.
CRITERIA FOR BECOMING A MEMBER
- Go to our "member search" or "member map" section, select two members with whom you do business, or whom you know well enough to request a recommendation.
- Secure a letter of recommendation, to become a member of Concrete Alberta, from TWO current member businesses. Letters will attest to the fact that the current member knows you and/or your business and recommends you become a fellow member.
- Click here to apply for membership, return to Concrete Alberta along with the two letters of recommendation.
- Your application will be presented to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Upon approval you will be contacted regarding invoicing for your membership.
NOTE: Memberships are ongoing once approved and members are governed by the Bylaws of the Association.